Job: Software Engineer
Software Engineer – VRM
Prevalent is the leader in IT Vendor Risk Management with a reputation for developing cutting-edge technologies using cyber threat intelligence and highly-automated services that are proven to help organizations reduce, manage and monitor the security threats and risks associated with third and fourth-party vendors. For more information about all of our open positions, please visit www.prevalent.net/jobs/
As a Software Engineer on the VRM team, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of our SaaS Vendor Risk Manager platform for our enterprise clients. You will be part of an agile team working with other engineers, architects and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud.
• Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including; writing/modifying user stories, designing solutions based on requirements, developing test plans, and creating technical documentation.
• Develop application programs and integration solutions based on requirements.
• Deliver high-quality code by creating unit tests, and ensuring all acceptance criteria are met.
• Ensure that technical software development process is followed and drive continuous improvement through thoughtful feedback and ideas.
• Use Jira to track and manage all work through the development life cycle.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level (virtually and/or in-person).
• Remain current in state-of-the-art software frameworks and programming methods.
• Identify root cause of technical problems and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
• Participate in problem analysis and program fixes to production problems.
• May interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years’ experience in enterprise-grade software development.
• Proficiency designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages such as .Net C#, MVC, Java/J2EE, XML, XPath, XSLT, JSON, SOAP, REST
• Experience in database design PL/SQL, MSSQL, MYSQL.
• Experience working in Agile software development teams.
• Experience with Continuous Integration practices using tools like Jenkins, Teamcity.
• Experience with unit testing, code-coverage and quality tools like SonarQube.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills to identify root cause complex issues.
• Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, etc. is a plus.
• Experience with developing and testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems.