Job: Senior DevOps Engineer
Prevalent is the leader in IT Vendor Risk Management with a reputation for developing cutting-edge technologies using cyber threat intelligence and highly-automated services that are proven to help organizations reduce, manage and monitor the security threats and risks associated with third and fourth-party vendors. For more information about all of our open positions, please visit www.prevalent.net/jobs/
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for designing and building automated tools and processes related to Continuous Integration/Delivery, and Platform Automation to support our SaaS Vendor Risk Manager platform. You will work closely with Developers, QA and Operations teams to increase efficiency, and ensure repeatability of all steps within the software development lifecycle. You will be part of an agile team working with other engineers, architects and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including; writing/modifying user stories, designing solutions based on requirements, developing test plans, and creating technical documentation.
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
- Design, manage and maintain tools and frameworks to automate engineering operations.
- Design and implement workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in Test and Production environments.
- Maintain and enhance the automated continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Provide assistance to DEV and QA groups to include: participating in meetings, building out environments, troubleshooting deployment/configuration related problems.
- Use Jira to track and manage all work through the development life cycle.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level (virtually and/or in-person).
- Remain current in state-of-the-art software frameworks and programming methods.
- Identify root cause of technical problems and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
- May interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- Expertise in supporting and maintaining, scalable enterprise-class applications in public cloud (AWS/Azure) or private cloud solutions
- Experience with container management technology (Docker or Vagrant)
- Expertise with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, Chef or Puppet)
- Experience in maintaining Linux based virtual machines on Test, Staging and Production environments
- Experience with Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Git/Stash, Jenkins/Teamcity, Maven, Artifactory and UDeploy)
- Experience in designing end-to-end release automation for complex solutions for large-scale enterprise systems
- Experience working in Agile software development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to identify root cause complex issues.
- Experience with test automation tools like Cucumber, Junit, Selenium, Fitness, etc.
- Experience with developing integrations with Jira
- Experience with developing and testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems.