Job: Senior Data Scientist
Prevalent is seeking an experienced candidate with 5-10+ years of data science to support two key strategic objectives:
1) extracting value from the years of vendor data we possess across various technology solutions to help answer the question about what company characteristics are indicators of likelihood of cyber breaches and company longevity from a third party perspective; and 2) applying advanced analytics for example, NLP and machine learning, so that we may continue to scale our monitored vendor population via an increasing emphasis on automation for collection and risk scoring. We have an incredible opportunity to apply advanced analytics, AI, and cutting edge solutions to the issue of vendor / third party risk. This Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leading this effort working for the Senior Director of Threat Intelligence, our analyst team, Chief Architect, and software engineering team.
Successful candidates will excel in a start-up environment where they need to be comfortable operating with limited guidance, are able to leverage their very strong technical and analytical experiences, and are comfortable pushing the envelope in terms of applying AI, NLP, ML to the question of how to protect companies from third party risk and cyber threats.
· BS in CS, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Data Science, Economics or a related field that has prepared you with the analytical and quantitative foundation for data analytics / science role
· Advanced skills in python
· Supervised and unsupervised machine learning, model evaluation, developing pipeline
· Experience with machine learning, data mining, statistics, or graph algorithms in a professional or equivalent academic setting
· Experience in text analytics, NLP to help decipher large volumes of unstructured media (e.g. news media)
· Experience with different packages and APIs
· Experience independently, or working closely with dev teams, to deploy models into production using API services and SQL
· Advanced data wrangling experience, specifically generating different data structures suitable for machine learning
Great team communicator and experience working with non-technical teams
Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in some engineering, sciences, or quantitative field
Experience conducting research and performing analytics in multiple language
Experience in the cyber security, the information security, or third party / vendor risk space