Job: Risk Analyst – Virginia/DC
Join Prevalent Inc (prevalent.net) the leading third party risk management and cyber security company as we stand up our Northern Virginia/DC office. We are recruiting for multiple roles: risk analyst, data scientist, and cyber threat analyst to join our Vendor Threat Intelligence Team. Through our technology platform, we work with the world’s leading companies and industry groups so that our customers have the intelligence they need into their third party relationships to take appropriate risk management and security measures. Our Vendor Threat Intelligence Team brings a unique method to this work and the technology drawing on our diverse experiences in national security, foreign policy, information security, cyber threat, supply chain risk, and financial services. All team members are expected to play key roles in building the team, bringing a unique view to the problem of third party risk, and interacting directly with Fortune 500 clients. In turn, team members will gain hands on experience with how cyber and business risk are converging; how national security issues impact the business world; and how research, analysis, and risk translates into an industry leading SaaS technology platform.
Prevalent Inc. is looking for a risks analyst to join our Vendor Threat Intelligence Team in Northern Virginia. Responsibility will focus on developing risk models related to vendor risk looking at elements including cyber, operational, brand, financial, and regulatory. In addition, risk analysts will identify and collect relevant data to support the analysts and developers to execute the risk model. This position is suitable for an ambitious, hardworking professional with 2-to-5 years’ experience, preferably with experience or familiarity in cyber threat intelligence or information security.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop risk models and bring that perspective to the rest of the team
• Source and collect necessary data for the risk models
• Interpret data, analyze results, and provide ongoing reports
• Work with Senior Director and Development team to translate models into technology platform
• Be a great team player with flexibility to help out wherever needed and open to learning
• BA or BS in relevant areas, including Math, Economics, Econometrics, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science
• Experience building models
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience or familiarity with information technology or information security
• Working with software engineers to integrate risk models into software
• Knowledge of Internet-based research, including Boolean logic, search engine and database resources, and Internet sources, such as social media, social networking tools, and commercial and industry-based databases
• Experience with foreign language-based research
Compensation: Competitive yearly salary plus commission. Health, Dental, Vision Benefits, 401K and company match, Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Equity.