Job: Manager, Software QA
Manager, Software QA
Prevalent is the leader in IT Vendor Risk Management with a reputation for developing cutting-edge technologies using cyber threat intelligence and highly-automated services that are proven to help organizations reduce, manage and monitor the security threats and risks associated with third and fourth-party vendors.
As the Manager of Software QA, you will be a critical part of the software development team responsible for automated, and manual testing of our product suite. The ideal candidate will have proven experience building automated testing infrastructure, and manual testing procedures and policies for cloud based enterprise application products. If you enjoy working with cutting edge technologies in a cloud and SaaS environment then this role is for you.
• Coach and mentor team of quality analysts and engineers
• Partner with product & development leads to ensure high-quality delivery of each release
• Responsible for the design and development of test plans, and functional test cases from functional requirements
• Drive, implement and maintain test plans around the automated testing of applications, API’s, and frameworks as part of a continuous integration environment
• Responsible for design, development and maintain test environments and automated test suites
• Assess readiness and deviation of product/project performance based upon test results and product specifications
• Analyze and report test results for each release to product teams and adjust as results warrant
• Use JIRA to report and track defects found during testing and follow through to ensure all issues have been corrected.
• Performs QA testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the QA standards of the organization
• Collaborate closely with the development and operations to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
• Work closely with team members to review user stories for completeness and correctness, define test plans, test cases, and test data to be used for both automated and manual testing of new product features
• 5+ years’ experience in both manual and automated software testing with 1+ years leading individual contributors
• Excellent understanding various aspects of the software quality assurance discipline such as testing methodologies (black box, white box), types of tests (Non-functional, Regression, User Acceptance), and testing in an agile environment
• Experience working with Agile software development teams
• Experience in creating and executing test cases from functional specifications.
• Experience building automated test frameworks and infrastructure using WebDriver / Selenium based UI automation tests
• Skills and experience in performing performance tests – knowledge of at least one of the tools – jMeter, Loader.io, Gatling, BlazeMeter, Locust.io
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
• Experience testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems
• Practical knowledge of any programming language
• Experience with Gherkin and Cucumber